This is a probably-not-quite-full list of tools or other services I use daily to (mostly) get things done.
Only things I actually enjoy using are listed here! I’ll try to keep this updated and add things when I realise they’re not listed.
Hardware I Use Daily
- Early 2015 Retina MacBook Pro
- OS: macOS 10.15.1 Catalina
- CPU: 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
- RAM: 8 GB (yes, I wish I got more)
- GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- iPhone X – 64GB
- Apple Watch Series 3
- 2019 10.2inch iPad – 128GB
- AirPods 2 (absolutely love these)
Project Management Tools
- Heroku – Recently started using Heroku Pipelines to manage staging and production. They’re not the cheapest hosting provider out there, but I feel they’re worth paying a few extra dollars for simply because of how easy they make just concentrating on development.
- Hetzner – Great, well-priced servers for basically anything. Can’t fault these guys, other than their support service being slow but it’s rare you ever need to talk to them
- BunnyCDN – Awesome CDN, great team behind it, good pricing. Not really much else to say to be honest.
- CloudFlare – Need I say any more? We all know what it’s for!
- PhpStorm – Huge fan of this software, can’t be beaten, go sign up now.
- Laravel – Pretty much everything I build in PHP is built on top of this framework. It takes out so much of the headache of web development it’s truly unreal. Go on, you’ll love it.
- Laravel Valet – For running things locally on my Mac. Great software, simple management. Is good.